Northside Pharmacy has been a staple in the Williamsburg community for over a century. Originally established as Northside Chemists in 1910, the pharmacy was the first retailer to occupy the corner storefront on Bedford Avenue and North 7th Street and remained in that same location until its recent move to 559 Driggs Avenue in 2013.
Current owners and resident pharmacists Halina Jankowski and Rachel Parker purchased the business in 1998 and continue to dish out old- school pharmacy tradition with a boutique Brooklyn twist. We’re known for our personalized customer service and high end product lines. Jankowski and Parker met in the 1970's while apprenticing under Ed Charno, owner of Harrico Pharmacy in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Charno, an active community leader, was known for his generosity; sponsoring handfuls of young proteges through Pharmacy School. Charno's legacy remains as Northside Pharmacy continues to support and heal its Brooklyn community.